Thursday, July 31, 2014

A quickie tonight

July 31  Plan:4k steady  Actual:  4k easy

I set my alarm for 5am this morning, truly intending to get up early and get my run done before my day started.  We leave on vacation tomorrow and I knew there was lots to be done this evening so it all just made sense.

The alarm went off at 5.  I got up. Went for a pee.  And went right back to bed.  I just couldn't do it.

So after my last day of work before vacation I laced up my shoes and did a slow paced 4k. 

The temperature was lovely, not too much sun, and there was quite a breeze to keep me coolish.  That breeze got gusty a few times but never enough to blow me off course.  I quite literally did an out and back tonight - ran into an adjacent suburb and, once my watch said 2k, I turned around and came home.

Once again and despite not having a second coffee today, heartburn found me and really impacted the last 1.5k of my run. Not sure if you've ever tried to run - or do anything - with heartburn but yeah, it's not fun.  At all.  I was cursing myself and my stupidity for forgetting as I watched my pace slow because I simply had to take more walk breaks.  I chastised myself for not having taken the pill and just under 1k from home I came up with the bright idea to carry pills with me so I could take them en route if necessary.

Then my formerly functioning brain kicked in and reminded me that I had, in fact, done just that.  And that there were two zantacs and two immodium safely tucked in the zippie thing in my fuel belt.

Well sweet fuck. 

But alas, nothing to drink it with.  Smart brain did a facepalm in front of dumb brain and reminded me that yes, I did have something to drink it with.  Water.  You know, in the bottles held by the hydration belt that also held the pills.

Not my best moment.

But in the end I was able to pop the pill in and let it start to work its magic.  Felling much better now.

Shoes and accessories are packed and at 9:05 tomorrow morning we're getting on a plane to Mexico.  Plan is to try to get in three 3-5k treadmill runs during the stay which means no LSD for me this week. I'm okay with that.

Likely won't be able to update the blog while away so see you on the other side!

No comments:

Post a Comment