Thursday, July 24, 2014

It's starting to get dark at 5am...

July 22  Plan:  4k tempo  Actual:  4k tempo attempt

Just a quickie post for a quickie run today.

Since it's so damned hot here today I knew there was no way that I was going to run after work so the 5am wake up it was.  It was hard to get out of bed this morning.

Really hard.

Like, a hair away from impossible.

But I did it.

Dragged my carcass out of bed, threw on my clothes, and hit the road.

In the dark.

Yes, the light she is waning in these early morn hours.  Wait, that doesn't make sense at all.  It's taking longer to get light.  Yeah, that's it.
Light or no light, it was steamy as anything, even at 5.  I can't imagine attempting to run in that humidity later in the day with the sun beating down on you.  No thanks!

I think I'm taking tomorrow off - just too much else going on this weekend - then will be back at it on Thursday, likely after work because the weather's supposed to cool and I need my sleep.  The next few days at work are going to be borderline psychotic so I'll take all the sleep I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment