Sunday, July 13, 2014

This is why I don't run after dinner...

July 13, 2014  Plan:  3k steady  Actual:  3k very slow

Sigh.  I pretty much never run after eating dinner.   It's like my body laughs at the very suggestion of running post meal.  Which is why I've learned my lesson and pretty much don't do it. 

Because the second I do, up pops a stitch.  Instantly.   Do not pass go, do not collect $200.  Boom.  Stitch.  And tonight was no exception.  Alas.

Since this morning was rainy and I was desperate to sleep in, I decided that I do my lowly 3k run tonight instead of earlier in the day.  Which is fine, but I kinda ran out of time before dinner so I had no choice - run after or skip it.  Since I really didn't want to skip it, post dinner it was.

The weather was nice enough so I elected to go out instead of the dreadmill.  So that part was okay.  It was humid still but I wasn't being attacked by the sun as I was earlier in the day.  The last thing I needed was more sun on my sunburn!

Started out really slow and stayed that way for the entire 3k thanks to the stitch - this might have been my slowest pace ever!  But I didn't really care - I just tried to enjoy being out there. 

One of the joys of running at this time of day is the availability of public washrooms along my route that just isn't there at 5am.  You can see I took a wee detour shortly into my route for a much needed pop into Menchie's for a bathroom break.  Would have loved to have stayed for some frozen yogurt but it was a quick in and out.

I did, however, eat a bug along the route.  That was fun.  Not.  I get enough protein in my diet, thanks. 

So that's pretty much it.  Short post dinner run, terribly slow, mega stitches, ate a bug.  Back at it again on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment