Sunday, August 10, 2014

Lone run in Mexico

August 3  Plan: 4k tempo  Actual: 3k steady

So yeah.  We went to Mexico.  They have a gym there with awesome treadmills where everything is actually measured in kms.  Super cool!

The plan was to run three times while I was there - Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday.  All shorter runs because I hate the treadmill but hey, three short runs are better than none, right?

I felt brutal missing my long run that weekend but knew I was getting home the following Friday so wasn't missing two.  That's something.

Well, the one thing I didn't factor in was a wicked awful sunburn on my first full day in the Mexican sun.  Crazy bad.

I'm actually surprised that I made it to the gym at all on Sunday - how I put a sports bra on then ran for 3k is now beyond me because I'm still recovering from the burn.  Like, I have to wear a bandaid on a certain part of it, that's how badly damaged my skin is.

I wore sunscreen, I swear!

Anyway, I made it through Sunday's run but didn't really wear a bra after that because it hurt too much so no way was I adding the friction of bouncing up and down for 30 minutes into the equation.  Especially since the suit I was wearing during the sunburn day pulled up at the top so it wasn't even like my bra would sit on the white/unburned areas.  No dice - directly on the burn.  Sigh.

So all things considered this 3k was pretty decent.  My phone did a factory reset the day before so I couldn't listen to any of my music which was a pain but I made it through.


No comments:

Post a Comment