Thursday, July 3, 2014

Oh foul bowel, why dost thou betray me?

July 3  Plan: 3k steady (but I was going to swap out tempo today)  Actual: 3k.  Just 3k.  Done.

What a day.  Lots going on, busy day at work, lots of walking during the day so my legs were a bit sore, especially since this is now running three days in a row - and I had to wear dress shoes for my walks.  Ouch!

Annnnyway, at least the humidity broke and it was a lovely evening for a run.  Once I finally got out there.  I got a new phone today and had to back it up with all the new stuff before I could hit the road - how else would I be able to track these very important three k?  Ha.  Ugh.

The transfer took way longer than I'd expected so it was late by the time I finally got out. Not too late, like 7:15, but still way later than I'd hoped. 

The skies were somewhat overcast which was a nice change and the breeze, well, it was just delicious. 

The first half of the first k was reasonably good.  I felt a bit more tired than normal but chalked that up to the later run and the busy day.

And then, then it happened.

That all too familiar stirring deep within.  The one that says - oh crap. 

Literally.

I ran past a Menchie's and thought hey, there's a great place to stop.  And stop I did, bumping into my sister and her family while there.  Made my way to the facilities and alas...the signals I'd received earlier were only early warnings and I left without completing my mission.  Bugger.   I never like to look a gift toilet in the mouth and knew I wouldn't have other opportunities along the way. 

Got back on to my route and tried to pick up the pace.  Went reasonably well for the rest of the route but then stirrings once again returned and this time there was no mistaking their intentions.  Time she was a tickin.

Decided to forgo the last loop near the house and ran straight there.  At the 2.89 k mark of my run.  Yeah, couldn't even get that last .11 in!  Ugh.

Made it in time thankfully then went back outside to finish.  Ran up my street maybe 10 houses then back again and I was done.  Finally done. 

Rest day tomorrow and I'll really enjoy it, I must say.  Am considering going for a massage for my legs as they're a bit twitchy which is strange considering that even though I've run three days in a row I've done less kms than I would normally do in one of my long runs.  Alas. 

Have a great weekend, everyone!  Will do my best to post on Saturday after my long run but hubby and I will be heading to the USA to do some shopping this weekend - but only after that run!

1 comment:

  1. Great work on the run, despite the tummy issues!!!

    Your running journey is so inspirational to me. The blogosphere has these awards and I'm giving one to you.
    The Inspiring Blogger Award. Have a look at my page:
    http://urbandoctormom.com/2014/07/04/the-inspiring-blogger-award/

    ReplyDelete