Sunday, July 27, 2014

A Sunday quickie

July 27  Plan: 3k steady  Actual:  3k steady

Today I knew there was a short one on the agenda but I had no idea when I was going to fit it in.  The weather forecast was all over the place and I really wanted to sleep in so I did just that and decided to roll with the weather punches, whatever they had to offer.

Got my sleep in on (after one of the most severe thunderstorms I've ever been through!!) and hopped out of bed at 8:30.  Micheal was leaving for the day with his sisters so I knew my time was entirely my own.

I popped open the blinds and there wasn't a cloud in the sky - nothing but sun everywhere.  I waffled back and forth about when to go and decided that if I wanted to run outside I might as well go right then and there to get it over with before the temperature increased even more.  Higher temps AND all that sun?  Killer combo.

Thankfully the schedule only called for 3k so I knew it was something I could get done relatively quickly.

I donned the race shirt from yesterday, thinking it was as good a day as any to break it in.  At first I wasn't wowed by the colour but it grew on me over time.  Sure made me easy to spot on the road!


Was going to do a quick out and back but decided half way through to just keep going.  Actually worked out perfectly and I got back to the house just over the 3k mark.  Will have to remember this for future 3k days!

Incredible how the weather changed though.  Not a cloud in the sky just after 8:30?  Here's that same sky about 40 minutes later.  Clouds galore!  Which of course made for even nicer conditions because I wasn't being blasted by the sun. 
 

In hindsight it was the perfect time to go out for a run.  Got it done nice and early, left me plenty of room to do alllllll the errands I had to do today, and I didn't have to a) run later when it got even hotter or b) run in the rain tonight or c) hit the treadmill.  Woot!

Rest day tomorrow then back at it Tuesday night.  Hard to believe there are only two more runs before we leave for Mexico on Friday!  I'll miss my LSD on the weekend but have packed my gear so I can do at least two runs while at the resort.  I WILL do at least two.  :)

That's it for today!  See you on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment