Sunday, July 20, 2014

I really really didn't wanna, but I did

July 20  Plan: 4k steady  Actual: 4.2k steadyish

Man, I'm tired today.  Slept in as I said I would but was still out of bed by 7:30.  7 frickin 30.  In what universe is that sleeping in???  Mine.  Sad but true.

Was still raining so I knew there was no point in heading out to do my 4k right away.  So I hung out in my jammies, had a cup of coffee and some homemade blueberry pancakes, and chatted with hubby about the merits of getting ourselves a new camera prior to our trip south in just under two weeks.

Finally pulled myself together, had a shower, then we left to do some in store browsing which, of course, turned into a purchase.  On the way home we stopped and since it was National Ice Cream Day I grabbed some Baskin Robbins ice cream.

Now, I don't eat ice cream generally speaking.  I go to Menchie's for froyo every once in a while but real ice cream?  Almost never.  So yeah, this was one hell of a sweet treat.  So sweet that it was almost overwhelming!  But thankfully I only got a small serving and was able to enjoy every last bit.  Which made my run that much more important - all them calories weren't going to burn themselves!  Well yeah, they would, eventually, but still.

I really really really really didn't want to go.  I was tired and comfy, sitting right here on my couch.  I didn't feel like getting dressed to run, let alone running itself.  But I hauled my ass upstairs, put my shit on (including my new Moving Comfort bra, which I now adore!!), and got outside.

Hells bells it was steamy!  Still overcast so no sun to speak of but man, I was dripping like never before when I got home, after only 4k!   I felt like I was completely overheating so I peeled everything off and hopped right into a cold shower.  Bliss I tell you, pure, unadulterated bliss!

Pretty uneventful otherwise.  A hot, steamy short run to round out the week. Rest day tomorrow, then an early morning run Tuesday since it's going to be insanely warm.  Until Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment