Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Have I mentioned how much I hate the treadmill?

July 16  Plan: 4k tempo  Actual:4k treadmill

As I mentioned yesterday, today was the 20 minute challenge at the Running Room.  I signed up but decided that I'd go only to pick up the hat and not to run with the clinics.  I had a lot of other stuff to do today so decided to get my 4k run in before I left, meaning I had to get right to it the minute I got home.

Which is precisely what I did.  To save time - and because there were some pretty ominous looking clouds overhead - I jumped on the treadmill we're currently borrowing from friends. 

I know I've said it before, but I really, truly hate the treadmill.  I love the convenience and the flexibility it gives me, but that's it.  I find it so much harder than running outside, I can't even begin to describe it.  That 4k damned near killed me.  4k! 

By the time I was done I was a sweaty, disgusting mess.  Ugh.


Finished up, then hopped into the car to go grab my hat.  And here it is!  Not too shabby for a 15 minute drive to my local store.  Fits well, has a mesh top which might allow my hot head to breathe a bit when I run.  And it was free.  So all good in my books. Grabbed a new bra when I was there - looking forward to seeing how it will fit and if it will do the trick. 

3k on the schedule for tomorrow.  Will make a game day decision about whether I actually do it or not.  Am having dinner with a friend so might get home too late to make it a good idea.  And I'm okay with that! Time will tell. 



No comments:

Post a Comment