Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Boo to summer colds

July 2  Plan: 3k tempo  Actual:  3k steady

So yeah.  Feeling craptastic.  A cold is coming, I can feel it.  Have been fighting it off for a while now but I think it's winning, sadly.  You know how as it shows up you don't sound like ass but you feel like you've been run over by a truck you're so tired?  Yeah, that was me today.

Was hoping that I'd feel better as the day wore on but alas, just felt more tired.  So I left work about 45 minutes early today to get home a bit earlier.

Debated whether or not I'd run.  Was really torn - the whole feeling tired part of me said skip it.  The whole optimist part of me said maybe it will help and make you feel better, so do it.  So I compromised and instead of doing a 3k tempo as per plan, I swapped out tomorrow's 3k steady and did that tonight on my treadmill.  At least the rain helped make the treadmill decision that much easier.

Got home, threw on the running clothes and jumped on, promising my husband that I'd quit if I didn't feel great.   Decided on 4.6 as my speed and managed to get my 3k in with one short walk break so I could drink some water half way through.  Ended up with a 8:04 pace but I'm totally cool with that, all things considered.

In the end I'm glad I did it.  Helped get rid of my headache and I'm glad I didn't just give in.  The plan for the rest of the night is to watch Big Brother at 8, then bed at 9.  Fingers crossed lots of rest and sleep helps to stop this in its tracks before it gets worse.

Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment