Thursday, October 9, 2014

Running with a full brain sucks ass

September 23  Plan: 6k steady  Actual:  7k

Ah, this was supposed to be a fantastic day.  A great run.  Just before 9am my mother and sister were going to pick me up and off to Ste Anne's we would go for a day of relaxation and pampering.  So instead of running at night, I decided to make the most of the morning opportunity and got out to run before we left for the day. 

I love morning running.  Way better than evening.  So I was actually looking forward to this!

Until Monday night, that is.

An email came in saying a big, huge mistake had been made at work.  One that I was, by extension, a part of.  I was reasonably sure that I'd done everything I'd needed to do but couldn't address any of it without being in the office.

Which I wasn't going to be, all day long.

That really changed the feel of my run, to say the least.

My brain was all over the map, as was my pace.  It all sucked.  I couldn't get into a groove.  Couldn't get out of my head.

We of course did end up going to the spa for the day and I had a wonderful hour long massage to help me work out my legs and all the tension I was carrying.  Sadly I spent a good portion of the day on the phone or checking email, but all was not lost.

Everything got sorted - as well as it could - in the long run.  But in the short run, this 7k short run, everything sucked.



No comments:

Post a Comment