Monday, October 13, 2014

Running back to back days? Okay!

October 12  Plan:  6k LSD  Actual:  6k LSD

Wasn't sure if I was going to do this run or not - decided to let it be a game day decision.  For a number of week's I'd followed the Running Room plan to run on both weekend days, then as the mileage increased I had to cut something out so my second weekend run was the most logical one to go.

Until this weekend.

This weekend, with two turkey dinners on the bill, double 6ks sounded imminently do-able.  So I told myself I'd give it a shot, as long as my knees cooperated.

And, thankfully, they did.

Sunday's run was even better than Saturdays.  Similar weather conditions, cool but this time I really enjoyed the sun.  Stuck to my intervals reasonably well and was quite happy to see my splits coming in under 8 minutes.  First time in a long time that had actually happened.

Chose a nice out and back along Taunton for a flat route to further preserve my knees.  And I didn't feel like I could do the same route three times in a row, so a little change was necessary. This is one of the things that's become challenging lately, the routine of it all.  The same routes, same roads, over and over again.  So yeah, am looking forward to the actual race route just to have different scenery.

Crazy to believe that there are only two more runs, Tuesday and Saturday, before the big race.  Two!  After 17 weeks of training!  Insanity!

Hope they, plus the race, feel as good as this one did.  Fingers crossed!!!

1 comment:

  1. I think you are more than ready for this race!!! Looking forward to reading the race report!

    ReplyDelete