Monday, October 13, 2014

Mixin up my routes

September 25  Plan:  8k steady  Actual:  7.23k

Hotter than I'd expected for this late September run.  Was supposed to do 8k but didn't have it in me so decided to go for 7ish instead.

Changed up my route and went west instead of my traditional east.  Now, the real reason I generally stay away from this side of town is that it's crazy hilly in certain spots.  Some are fantastic downhills but as always, what goes down must eventually go back up.  If I want to run home, that is.

As you can see from the many red sections on this route I had to walk more than I would have hoped.  Combination of hills, general exhaustion from the day and the heat.  Yeesh!!

Despite more walk breaks I still managed an 8:15 pace which isn't too bad.

One more done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment