Monday, October 13, 2014

Only 6k for Saturday? Okay!

October 11  Plan:  6k LSD  Actual:  6k LSD

Taper - might just be my favourite word in the English language.

I will admit I was quite relieved to not have to tackle yet another long distance this weekend for more than one reason.  Biggest was to give my poor knees a rest that they so desperately need.  I ice them every day and slather them in Voltaren until the cows come home and it helps, sure.  But nothing helps like time off.

6k felt totally doable for today - not too long but long enough to allow me a guilt free piece of pumpkin pie.  So I got up, got the turkey in the oven, and hit the road.

I like running at this time of year.  It's amazing to get out at 10:33 instead of 7:33 to beat the heat.  Sleeping in then getting up to run?  Divine way to start the day.

Felt better this morning than I had on Thursday.  Was better able to stick to my intervals and took two full minutes of my time from the exact same route two days earlier. Yay!  Was pretty happy with my effort overall and had a fantastic shower when I got home.  Was nice to not have to soak in an Epsom salt bath and do all those other recovery rituals my Saturdays have been made of as of late.  Just a shower and go.

Enjoyed a great dinner with the Stuart family and boy, was that pumpkin pie (and flourless chocolate cake) delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment