Sunday, October 19, 2014

My final weeknight run

October 14  Plan 10k race pace  Actual:  7k glacial pace

They say that a bad dress rehearsal means a great opening night.  If that's the case, I should have no problems whatsoever on the big day. 
'Cause let's face it, this run was crap.  Crap, crap, crap.

It had been a busy week at work, lots going on, weather wasn't cooperating, blah blah blah.  I knew I couldn't do 10k - I just couldn't - so 7 was about all I could muster. 

I didn't even plan a good route!  Normally I've got my distance well planned out in advance so I am clear on where I'm going and what it'll take to get there. And no further.  Ha.  Sad but true.  But not tonight.  Tonight I just went out and ran and said I'd figure it out as I go.  Hence the crazy, loopy map. 

As you can see from the temp the weather was kind of warm which was nice but it was crazy windy.  And starting to get dark, but thankfully I had my knuckle lights and they served me well once again. 

As I closed in on 7k I decided enough was enough and just headed for home.   The whole tapering thing has been playing massive games with my psyche and I was pretty much ready to throw in the proverbial towel by this point.  I was getting sick of running the same streets, same routes, all the time.  I was really looking forward to all of this just being done.

Ended up walking at lot as is evidenced by my pace.  If I have to go this slowly overall on race day I'll never make my 3 hour goal.  Fingers crossed this really was the bad dress rehearsal before the big opening night and everything comes together much more smoothly than this run did.

Hard to believe this is my final weeknight run for what will likely be a good, long while.  Wednesday following my half Micheal and I are returning to our strict eating program to help take off this extra weight which means no running for me, sadly.  Might throw in a short distance here and there but still - nothing at all like what I've been doing these past 18 weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment