Monday, October 13, 2014

My last Thursday training run


October 9  Plan:  8k  Actual:  6k

Feeling like a broken record, but here goes. Didn't want to run.  Everything hurt, still a bit of vertigo, damned cold outside. But got out there anyway and told myself if I could at least do 6 I'd be happy. So I did my 6.  And was happy I got it done.  
Nearly froze, but got to try my new knuckle lights out for the first time and they're fantastic.  Picked them up last weekend after almost getting killed - twice!! - the week before during one of my evening runs.  The damned sun is setting so much earlier these days and drivers just don't pay attention when they're turning so I had to do something.

These great little lights have straps that allow you to wear them over your knuckles, giving you the perfect swaths of light in front of your path.  Great for me as the runner to see and, more importantly, a great way to BE seen by drivers so I don't get taken out.


Since it's not dark when I first start out I simply loop them through my fuel belt and they're there, ready for when I need them.  See?  Plenty of light.

So yeah, not the greatest run, felt tired and sluggish and chilly, but was happy to just cross that 6k mark and get another one in the books.

1 comment: