Monday, August 25, 2014

Back on the horse. Not liking the horse.

August 21  Plan: 6k steady  Actual:  3.21k of pure hell

 So yeah.  This will be short and not at all sweet. 

I hadn't run since Sunday.  It was now Thursday.  All week long I'd been sick as I'd mentioned in earlier posts and I ended up leaving work early on Monday, staying home Tuesday, then leaving early again on Wednesday to go to the doctor. 

Double ear and sinus infection.  Good times.

Thursday I was feeling a bit better so I decided to try a run.  6k was on the schedule but I knew that wasn't going to happen - I just didn't have the energy.  BUT...if I didn't go out it set me up for a horrible weekend with a 5k race on Saturday and a 14k run on Sunday.  So out I went.

I'll sum the run up in three words - sun, humidity and bugs.

I don't enjoy any of those on a run, let alone all three. 

My goal was to do 4k - I figured that was reasonable, given how I was feeling and that I hadn't run since Sunday.  But I just couldn't.  Could not do it.  Not going to happen. 

I walked a lot, sweated a lot, tried to hide in the non-existent shade, and had a hard time breathing because I was desperately attempting to keep the flippin aphids out of my mouth - they were everywhere!

Rounded one last corner and decided to call it a day.  As always I was glad to have gotten out there but yeah, this ranked right up there in my list of worst runs ever.  But done!


No comments:

Post a Comment