Friday, August 15, 2014

Back to weekday runs

August 12  Plan:  4k tempo  Actual:  4k slow

Late with these updates but alas, life has been busy this week and I've been exhausted.  Good times. 

Annnnyway, Tuesday was my first weekday run in about a week and a half and it was both good to get out again and totally crappy.  Ha!  I knew I couldn't get up at 5am to run, mostly because it was going to rain in the morning and I was just too damned tired.  So after work it would have to be.

At first I thought I might have to do a treadmill run but by the time I got home the rain had stopped for the most part and the skies had begun to clear.  I got home, got dressed, tucked my iPhone into a ziploc bag prior to putting it in my fuel belt, and headed out to do my 4k run.

Plan was to do a simple out and back as I just wanted to get it done and mix up my normal routes a bit.  Barely left the house and ended up with a wicked stitch in my side that stayed for the entire run.  Delightful. 

Then, before I even knew what was happening, the skies cleared completely.  Poof - clouds just gone.  Sun beat down on me like crazy and it was surprisingly humid so that added to the fun. 

Pace was slow given the stitch and humidity but another run in the books.

See the rain cloud in the app screen shot?  Yeah, not so much.  Here's how the sky looked from my driveway when I got home.


And here's my sweaty self post this tiring run.  But done!!



No comments:

Post a Comment