Friday, September 12, 2014

Oh hi, 33 degrees

September 5  Plan:  Nothing really, but I had to make up for a weekend run I was going to miss.  Actual:  4 very sweaty and slow k

See the temperature in the middle of the image down there?  Yeah, that's right.  32 degrees at 5pm on September 5th.  And that's pre humidity.

Needless to say it was f'in gross outside.

It's rare for me to run on a Friday night and even rarer still to do it in downtown Toronto. But I kind of had no choice if I wanted to get my fourth weekly run in for the week.

Micheal and I were volunteering at The Weekend to End Women's Cancers which benefits my workplace, The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation.  We were going to be gone all day on Saturday which meant my long run would get booted to Sunday.  And my short weekend run?  Well, it was Friday night or nothing.

Since we had a crew meeting that I needed to attend at the Roger's Centre on Friday night, I thought I'd lace up my shoes and run from the office to the stadium.  Was supposed to do 5k and had mapped myself out a route (the straight line there wasn't near far enough) but between the heat and an emergency bathroom stop on route, I wouldn't have made it on time if I'd added in that extra k so four it was going to have to be.

Upon my arrival at the Roger's Centre I was a bona fide sweaty Betty.  Disgusting. Thankfully I'd brought some wipes, deodorant and a fresh shirt but truly, after running any distance in heat and humidity, no amount of wipes in the world was going to return me to a daisy fresh state.  So I just generally sat away from people and apologized in advance if they got too close. 

Ended up being a long day - didn't get home until after 9pm - but was glad I got it in and it was nice to have a change of scenery if even for a short run.  Even got to run through the Toronto International Film Festival happenings where I stopped for a minute to steal a pic.  Not a great one, but a pic.  Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment