Saturday, September 20, 2014

'Cause she's got hiiiiiigh hopes.

September 16  Plan:  5k tempo  Actual:  5k steady

I did.  I really did.  I had high apple pie in the sky hopes for this run.

I was feeling relatively good. It had been a stressful day at the office and I was actually looking forward - REALLY looking forward, which is unusual for me - to getting out there, pounding the pavement and putting it all behind me.  So this should have been a great run.

But alas.

It wasn't horrible, I'll give it that, but I never did move my rubber tree plant.

I think part of it was the sun/heat.  Which I was no longer accustomed to thanks to our cooler summer.  Whatever it was, it wasn't as easy as I'd hoped it would be. 

Still, before I get carried away, it wasn't a horrible run, either.  I still gave it a straight line smiley face, so it can't have been that bad!

I must admit I'm getting a bit bored of the routes in the immediate vicinity of my house.  I really wish I had some other options but I can't justify getting in the car and adding time to already packed work nights.  So through my hood I go.

Just over a month now until race day.  Surely I can suck it up and make it through these next few weeks close to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment