Sunday, June 29, 2014

Dog days of summer

June 29 Plan: 3k steady  Actual:  3.01 steady

Lesson learned from yesterday, I got up much earlier and made it outside by 7:20ish.  I'll go earlier on days that I have long runs and therefore have to be outside for longer, but since I knew it was only 3k I figured it was a good compromise.  

Decided to take my almost three year old Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier named Finn with me for the run.  He's an active guy but isn't a huge fan of the longer runs - 3k is pretty much his max.  True to form, for the first k he happily ran out in front, pulling me along behind him.  I had to try to slow him down a bit as he was going faster than I wanted to but he came around quickly.

The second k he ended up running pretty much beside me, still excited to be out but much more into my groove.  And, as always, for the third k he was a few steps behind but kept pace enough that I didn't need to slow down.

As with Thursday's run, the schedule called for steady so I ran the whole thing without walk breaks.  I did, however, stop briefly once to give Finn some water as it was pretty hot, even at 7am, and then again quickly to snap this cute pic of him and our shadows as we passed in front of the park behind our house.   He wasn't too excited to stop - started to whine in a 'let's get this show on the road so I can get home' kinda way.  So off we went, rounded a few more corners, and home it was.

Even though it was only 3k and only 7am it was stinkin hot and I was one sweaty Betty when it was all said and done.  Had a quick shower then hopped back into bed with hubby to at least pretend I had a chance to sleep in.

Tomorrow is a rest day as per the schedule so I'll enjoy not having to get up super early.  I've got the day off but Micheal doesn't so will likely be up around 7 anyway.   Now to enjoy the rest of this beautiful, hot day!


No comments:

Post a Comment